- Is the oldest state capital founded by the 3rd Spanish governor of New Mexico in 1608
- Is the highest capital city in the US at 7,000 ft. above sea level
- Is home to the oldest government building in the nation
- Is the last point along the 800-mile Santa Fe Trail which begins in western Missouri
- Is the third-largest art market in the US, next only to New York and Los Angeles
- Santa Fe’s Canyon Road has more than 100 galleries within its one square mile, making it the densest concentration of art galleries in the world (and, it was mesmerizing!
We explored plenty of local markets, small stores and street vendor stalls near the plaza, and as we admired the beauty and minute details of each piece of art, we couldn’t help but appreciate the ingenious creativity and talent of the artists.