This (guilt-free) bowlful-of-heavenly-goodness is a great way to kick off your V-Day morning. What says “I love you’ more than (dark) chocolate, especially when it’s served in bed, right? 😉
If you have read my previous post, heart healthy, you will know that I am forever looking for ways to satisfy my unhealthy cravings in a healthy way. It’s no secret that I am a total sucker for chocolate (it also rings ro-man-tic in my head ;)). While I often substitute cacao for regular chocolate when I make dessert, this time I wanted to experiment making a breakfast dish with cacao, and baam came the idea to combine it with avocado (and of course, I loveeee all things avocado). And when its love, it goes without saying that there’s (almost) always an element of red (even pink) involved, so I picked out some strawberries to make one of my favorites – a smoothie bowl. Plus, to kick it up a notch, I added some flax seeds and (homemade) granola. And voila, this smoothie bowl (a bowlful-of-heavenly-goodness) was ready in 5 mins.
Of course, you can make a smoothie bowl with several different combinations, but this one sure seems like a perfect way to pamper that special someone (or yourself), this Valentine’s day (or any other day)! After all, they say, ‘the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach’ 😀
Prep time: 5 mins
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder (you can also use cocoa powder)
- ½ cup milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey (you can also use agave nectar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons homemade granola (you can use nuts instead)
- 1 teaspoon grated dark chocolate
- Add avocado, cacao powder, milk, flax seeds, honey, vanilla essence to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Top the bowl with sliced strawberries, coconut flakes, granola and sprinkle some grated dark chocolate on top.
Are you a fan of smoothie bowl too, what’s your favorite smoothie bowl combination?
“True love is…breakfast in bed”.