As always, all opinions in the post are my own.
- You don’t have to spend money or time to travel to a specific destination… no flights, no trains, no renting cars. And you most certainly don’t have to wake up at 2 am to get on a flight that will take you to your next favorite destination, just saying 😉
- You don’t have the pressure of exploring everything a destination has to offer – our itinerary is always jam-packed, it’s how we like it (especially when we spend $$$ to travel somewhere), which means, we need a vacation (or what we probably need is a staycation!) after a vacation
- You don’t have to do a thing (except in our case, make sure the little one eats) but to put your feet up and enjoy all the niceties that come with hotel living, and enjoy the summer sunshine and beautiful weather
- It’s nice to explore your own backyard and be a tourist in your own city. There’s something about seeing your city through the eyes (or camera lens) of a tourist that makes you appreciate a place even more.
- Take a real break from your real life and live the little dreams, aka embrace a carefree lifestyle!
Hyatt Regency Bellevue Hotel
The next day we repeated the whole thing + did some shopping + explored everything else that the hotel has to offer, from the gym to the swimming pool to checking out their media room to prancing around in their impressive-huge-ballrooms. Since our weekends usually tend to get hectic we wanted this staycation to rather be a relaxing experience without heading out to do/see much outside the hotel.
But if you are a tourist or are being a tourist in your own city, then you can be rest assured that Bellevue and the surrounding areas offer something for everyone… see the many kid-friendly recommendations from the Hyatt Regency Bellevue Hotel below, some of them, even I haven’t explored but are now on my list for when our fam is in the area next time.