Habits my friend, HABITS!
Healthy DAILY habits!!!
RINSE & REPEAT…..
That is the only tried and tested formula to SUCCESS!
And all highly successful people swear by it, they all practice healthy habits, daily!!
Sure, some days are harder than the others, at times other external factors impact our daily routine, and on some days there’s truly nothing you can do about anything that is going wrong.
But that’s ok! That is part of life!!
As long as we stay focused, and stay the course, everything will be alright in the world again (quite philosophical, I know).
Remember, this too shall pass, so master the art of showing up and do your part…
So not only am I sharing some simple daily habits, but I am also breaking it all down so you too can relate to it (and make it your own) and have a successful every.single.day (aka giving away my trade secrets ;)).
Do NOT be in a hurry and rush from the moment you wake up until the moment you get to work. If need be, wake up an hour early than usual. Try to have as relaxed a start to your morning as possible…
Make your bed, yes, most important!
– My parents taught me that at a very young age. They say it attributes to positive energy, I did not realize just how powerful such a simple practice is. I do falter once in a while, but my parents never ever do anything before making the bed.
– For me, this also now includes a skincare regimen – massaging my face, applying a face mask, moisturizing, etc, etc.
Light a candle, diffuse essential oils, and play some calming music in the background. All of these have such a positive influence on all your senses. It truly awakens your mind, body, and soul. And as you do so, imagine what a successful day is going to look like (by doing this you are sending positive vibes to make it happen)
– ‘OM’ playing in the background does it for me.
Make your first morning drink. No, I am not talking about coffee or tea. But having a glass of warm water with lemon in it, or drinking a big glass of celery juice first thing in the morning.
Practice Suryanamaskara (Sun Salutations) + Breathing Exercises + Meditate. Even if it is just for 5-10 mins it gets your body and mind going.
– I cannot vouch enough for the amazing benefits of practicing Suryanamaskara and breathing exercises first thing in the morning, read more here.
Now get your coffee or tea or whatever else you drink and have some quiet time, catching up on news or anything else, even if it is only for 5-10 mins. And no emails or social media just yet.
– The hubs never wants to be troubled with Q&A or with things to do before his morning cuppa joe, and I’d be all grumpy about it (in a funny way) and be like ‘your coffee is more important than your wife’. But now I realize how important it is to have some quiet me-time as you start the day. I probably never realized this as I am always the first one to wake up in the house and by default always got my quiet time.
Glance at your priorities and to-do’s for the day (these should be written down in your journal or noted on your phone. This step is really important to set your intentions for the day, to assess what tasks need to be tackled, in what order, and when. Also, this is a good time to BRAIN DUMP (read more here).
– Writing these down should be part of your nighttime routine. Will talk about it in just a little bit.
– I LOVE home workouts, they are the best! I shared exclusive details of what works for me on IG stories recently, they are now saved as ‘Fitness’ under my IG highlights.
Have a wholesome breakfast. They do say that it is the most important meal of the day. Especially after a good workout, it is so important to refuel.
– Avo toast / steal cut oats with fruits / boiled eggs with avocado / GG crackers with cottage cheese / omelet / whole wheat multi-grain toast with nut butter are some of my favorites. Along with a glass of smoothie, of course! Get the recipe here.
And you are all set to conquer your day! The above might seem like a lot, but once you get the hang of it you only need an hour to get through it all, or an hour and 15 mins tops.
– Now, off you go to work. During your commute (to and from work), listen to a podcast (see my recommendations here), or read a book.
Once at work, go about checking things off of that priorities and to-do’s list. Remember, TASK BATCH. Start from the most important first and work your way down. DO NOT do anything until you have finished all those absolutely important tasks.
– During all of that, move, stretch, drink water, you know, the whole nine yards. Here is something to help you stay the course and stay healthy during the day.