I know, I know, this is kind of how most of my recap blog posts start off, but how can I help it when time just doesn’t slow down around here!? And to think that we only have 5 months (well, a little less than 5 months, in fact, 149 days if we want to get specific) left in 2019 is kinda scary, if you know what I mean? If you don’t then read this post 😮
July was packed with back-to-back travels for us, we were out and about traveling every.single.weekend. Spent a good part of early July in California and then a bunch of local weekend getaways to Vancouver, Olympia, Kirkland, with quite a few local events thrown into the mix as well.
Plus with all the sales that were happening – Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (read all about it here, but let me start by saying my fave finds from the #NSale was this (best leggings), this (best OTK boots), and this (well, you will read more about it below)), Amazon Prime Day (I think these Amazon Finds are still some amazing finds regardless of them being on sale or not) and 62391 other retailers who were competing for their share of the market I have been one busy busy BUSY lady!
Not that I am complaining, I love a good-busy lifestyle and I am grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way, but the struggle to find enough hours in the day to get everything done seems next to impossible. Cuz carrying over work and life stuff from the weekend to weekdays ends up in one vicious cycle and I am still trying to catch my breath (deep breaths Kusum, deep breaths)!
But one thing is for sure, with all the travels and sales rolling in, July was a month of some good finds and tons of favorite ones at that.
Shop The Look
So here goes my long list of Current Favorites from July…
1. But where do I begin, maybe I should start with food? If you live in the greater Seattle area or are visiting Seattle (if you are not then you definitely should plan to do so soon) then add these restaurants to your WHERE TO EAT IN SEATTLE list.
La Gitana Pizzeria in Olympia – Pricey but amazing! The brick oven-baked pizza with a thin crispy crust and fresh toppings was so delish, the selection of wine was great and the best part was the live jazz music that took the whole dining experience to a whole other level.
Little Brother in Kirkland – Hands down one of the best brunches that I have ever had! Every dish I ordered looked so appetizing and tasted even more fresh and delicious. Too bad the hubs wasn’t with me then, oh well, that’s a good enough reason to head back there soon, and this time with him (so I can stuff my face more).
2. I went to Vancouver (with the boys of course) to attend the WOW summit by MOMS meet and our family made a weekend out of it. We have been to Vancouver several times in the past but two new highlights from this trip in particular were –
Taking our baby boy on a train ride in Stanley Park. To see his excitement and also at the same time having to put up with his stubbornness (to want to go back on the train ride over and over again) was kinda cute and created such lasting memories for us. His adorable ‘we goin on a train’ keeps repeating in my head even now (you can check it out on my IG story highlights). If you have a kid, do NOT miss out on taking them on a train ride or doing those little things which are oh-so-dang-priceless!
3. Sveeteskapes Tribe, this isn’t a find, but I created it. It is a small Facebook Group that I started a while back. We have a small group of wonderful women who are a part of the group now. We all inspire each other and share our stories in hopes that it will help others, even if it is just one other person. No topic is off-limits in the group, though we are yet to talk about anything that is controversial, but hey, we are all about hearing the other side of the story, and without any judgment!
It is such a wonderful way to connect with like-minded people who are in the same or different phases of their lives and learn from one another and uplift each other. A simple and caring message goes a long way! Though I want to keep the group fairly small, message me if you are interested in joining and we can figure out how to go about it.
4. This charms necklace from Kendra Scott. I had no plans of buying it but did so on the spot, didn’t even have to think about it for a second. It was another birthday present from me to me (besides this other gift I gave myself). The charms I picked out has such a special meaning to me. I chose one representative of each of us – zodiac sign for me, initial for Vinay and sun for our son (his name means the first ray of sun).
Wearing the charms necklace always put an extra extra extra smile on my face, I am all about such special sentiments! If you haven’t already done so, get or make something that is sacred to you and associated with the special people in your life.
Shop The Look
5. Speaking of birthdays and gifts, my baby boy got this story reader as a gift for his birthday and he is OBSESSED with it, yes, obsessed! We also always bring it on our travels now, it is lightweight and he loves to listen to the same thing over and over and over. Anything to keep him occupied for as long as possible (while also being educational).
6. Guilt-free pleasure, oh yes, please! I have a huge sweet tooth but I have been trying to severely cut back on dessert lately. And these little dessert treats that I found at Costco have been a huge help, they satisfy my cravings and only have 50 calories, yep, you heard me sistah, only 50 cals! A great healthy alternative to eating ice-cream.
7. I am sure you all have heard about the roses that stay fresh and last for over a year. If you know what I am talking about then you know that those bouquets are so huge, I, of course, would love to buy one of those. But for now I got this mini version and it is the prettiest thing to keep by my iMac.
8. Reading wise it hasn’t been a great month for me, for all the obvious reasons mentioned above, though I did finish this one book. It isn’t the type of book that I have read in the recent past but after reading the reviews (made me want to read it too) and seeing that it was #1 on Amazon charts, I had to give it a go and I am so glad that I did.
As one reviewer said, it is a book about ‘resiliency, survival, hope, love, loss, loneliness, desperation, prejudice, determination and strength.’ Makes me wonder, what all could the marsh girl would have achieved if she had the tools that we all do.
9. Who here hates wearing a bra? Me me me, and I know several of you share the same feeling. So when I only heard great things after great things about this one bra I was super skeptical (as I always am) and had to give it a try to see what the hype was all about. And let me tell you, everyone raving about the bra were all 110% right. It is the best dang bra ever cuz I don’t even feel like I have anything on when I wear it. Even though it has some lace details on it, it doesn’t show underneath a tee, so a total win-win! This was my first purchase from the brand and I am almost certain that it won’t be the last. It is still on sale at 50% OFF.
10. Another item worth every penny and true to all the hype is this hair tool. I LIVE tried it for you guys on my IG stories and those of you who haven’t used it went crazy over it too. I mean, how could a hair tool dry and remove frizz and add volume all in under 5 minutes (especially when I have such thick hair!)? I was sold at the first try! Have you used it yet? If not then give it a try, it is life-changing (if you are one of those who uses a hairdryer to dry your hair). I do not usually put too much heat on my hair and let it air dry except at times when I do need to then this is just what I needed, after all, who has the time to spend hours styling such thick hair (not that I am complaining).
And I know that I did not share any clothing-related favorite finds in this blog post. But I realized that I already share so much about outfits and such that I will leave them out of my favorites blog posts when I want to make room and share about other non-clothing related favorite finds. But dontcha worry, I will start sharing those too, but just in separate blog posts. Cuz I know you all have been eagerly waiting to see where I got that pajamas set from, the one that so many of you have already DM’d me about over the weekend. Promise you that it is coming soon!
All right, you guys, that’s it for now!
Enjoy the rest of what is left of summer and get ready to welcome + enjoy all things FALL.